Murdering Mary SueMurdering Mary SueMurdering Mary Sue by Cei-Ellem
Every aspiring writer has met her at least once, whether in his own works or in those of others. The alluring temptation of a perfect character taunts the author from one side while his muse urges him to keep writing from the other. Who wouldn't love her? She's the most beautiful, talented, fantastic woman in the universe, with not a flaw in sight. Every woman wants to be her; every man wants to marry her, so why would anyone want to kill her? Who would want to murder Mary Sue?
I would. I and many greater authors have been working hard to keep this succubus in her proper place: the trash can. Mary Sue is one of the worst enemies of good fiction, second only to poor spelling and grammar. And the seductress tempts even the most cautious writer. Her many disguises can make her difficult to spot, allowing her to weave her way into every plot twist and turn, slowly destroying the author's work. By the time shes found, she may have done so much damage that the
A How To on Writing FanfictionA How To on Writing Fanfiction by SasuMonkey
1. Intelligence is required. No matter how interesting or humorous a plot you may have, it is always better to read a well-written, intelligible fiction than a thrown-together piece of junk riddled with spelling/grammatical mistakes.
2. Plot is important. There are such things as PWP's (see PWP section), but other than that, plot is what really makes a story. What is happening is what makes the reader go on and want to read more.
3. Creativity is a must. No one wants to read the same thing that they have seen from 50 other writers. Try to be original, and if you see an idea you really like, improvise it a little without copying it outright.
4. Every element in the story matters. From the plot to the series to what happens to the characters, everything ties together to make the story what it is.
OVERALL WRITING SKILLS
Some writers are just naturally gifted and have a way with words. Others struggle with how to make complex senten
|Here are some things that will help you improve writing, show your fanfiction support, or just make you laugh.|
| They're coming to take me away ha ha|
They're coming to take me away he he Ho ho
To the Asylum where life is Fanfiction all day long
Welcome to the Fanfiction Asylum, a haven for people who are either read fanfics or are writers themselves and would like to promote their stories. We accept all Fanfiction whether it be anime/manga, books, Tv, comics ect.
1. You must like Fanfiction.
This one is obvious.
2. No flaming/bashing allowed
Just because someone writes for a certain fandom or about a pairing you don't like, that doesn't mean you can be mad about it.
3. You can only submit Fanfiction, sorry no original fiction.
This one should be obvious as well. We have some great affiliates if you are interested in original fiction.
4. Only 3 submissions at once.
Wait until those are accepted or declined until you submit more. This will make sure as not to pile on too much and people can actually have time to read everything.
5. Follow all dA Rules.
This one is important. Make sure things are labeled with mature filters and whatnot. (The password is medication) If it could get you banned, please don't submit it to the club.
6. Don't Steal!
If we find that a member has stolen any art, you will be banned. If anyone tries to summit any work that is stolen, they will be banned. We all work hard here and don't appreciate stolen work.
**How to Join**
1. Hit the join this group button
2. In the message center please answer the following questions:
- Why do you read/write fanfiction
- What is your favorite Fandom to write for?
- What is the password? (Hint: Read over the rules)
**How to Submit**
1. Find the gallery folder that your story belongs in
-Please submit the story based on the original source material.
-If you create a story that is based on two sources that are different (for example a manga and anime) choose which one it's based on.
2. Click the submit to folder button
3. Pick the story and hit enter
A/U: Alternate universe
OC: Original Character
DeathFic: Story in which one of the characters dies
SongFic Story that centers around lyrics
Lemon: contains sexual content
Lime: Implications of sexual content but nothing graphic
Yaoi: MalexMale sexual content
Yuri: Femalexfemale sexual content
shounen ai: BoyXboy relationship
shoujo ai: GirlXgirl Relationship
Crack: Humorous fic usually doesnt make sense in the fandom
Crossover: Two or more fandoms meeting in the same story
If you have a twitter check out to follow updates for all literature clubs on dA via twitter.
|More Journal Entries|